Sorta Softball Blogging

10 comments September 4th, 2005at 06:40pm Posted by Eli

Well, we didn’t quite get enough interest or people (maybe if we pushed it) for a game, but we had a nice time with some casual batting practice. Typically uneven for me, but Woody was a star at the plate and in the field, after a bit of a rough start.

Since I was in the field or at bat the whole time, no real action shots, but I have plenty of pictures of the picnic afterward.

Mmm… clouds… (I think I can see my invisible buddy’s house from here!)

There appear to be a few silhouettriots as well.

Major beardness! Prior Aelred, Woody Guthrie’s Guitar, and Mr. Quilt Lady.

Note that the Prior’s inner radiance makes a flash quite unnecessary.

“Wow, that was an awesome beard picture,” you say, “but I sure wish I could get a better look at the Prior’s beard and one of his spiffy headphones.”

Your wish is my command.

Feral Liberal, shortly after being reintroduced into his native habitat. We attempted to coax him down with nuts and berries, but he just snarled at us and scampered away. Posted by Picasa

Entry Filed under: EschaCon,People,Photoblogging,Rabid Lambs

• 1. ellroon  |  September 5th, 2005 at 12:43 am

Fun! Thanks for the shots. Have been delightedly following the EschaCon antics on several blogs.

Wonderful energy coming from the group. Great things will come from this!

• 2. Thersites  |  September 5th, 2005 at 12:43 am

Feral Liberal climbing the tree was one of the highlights of the weekend. Egads that was funny.

• 3. Eli  |  September 5th, 2005 at 1:11 am

I kept thinking of the Andy Milonakis sketch where his John Stamos gets stuck in a tree.

Andy: “Help! My John Stamos is stuck in a tree!”

John Stamos: “I’m stuck in a tree!”

Possibly you hadda be there…

• 4. Interrobang  |  September 5th, 2005 at 1:53 am

Ah, damn, if I’d known it was going to be that much fun, I would have made more of an effort to go. I just couldn’t figure out the logistics, beforehand. Oh, well, I’ll go to the next one.

• 5. Anonymous  |  September 5th, 2005 at 2:57 am

thank you sweetie, for the pics. i’m so sorry i couln’t come, you make me feel like i missed a convergence of beardness that no gay person should ever miss…

-chicago dyke

• 6. Eli  |  September 5th, 2005 at 9:35 am

Heh heh heh… Mr. QL is booked solid, but I’m sure Woody and the Prior would both be more than happy to provide any beard services you might need…

Missed you, chica!

• 7. oldwhitelady  |  September 5th, 2005 at 2:08 pm

Those pictures are great. Ha! Feral Liberal in his normal habitat! Funny stuff!

• 8. ntodd  |  September 5th, 2005 at 2:34 pm

I have absolutely no recollection of the weekend.

• 9. watertiger  |  September 5th, 2005 at 5:33 pm

WHEEEEE!

I actually LIKE that photo of me, Eli. Thanks!

• 10. Eli  |  September 5th, 2005 at 6:47 pm

Mischief suits you, tigre.