The Cute, The Yellow, And The Creepybadwrong

7 comments October 9th, 2005at 09:46am Posted by Eli

Alrighty then, it’s been about a week since my trip to Liberal Mountain in upstate NY. I’m certain no-one cares anymore, but I have finished processing all the photos from said trip, and have elected to offer up the following for your viewing amusement and horror:

Father-and-son apple-picking.

Young Thers finds a leaf that matches his soccer jersey.

This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. The pumpkin festival in the extremely sleepy town of Catatonk featured pumpkin-headed renditions of all manner of cultural icons, fairy tales, and Bible stories (pumpkin Teletubbies, Care Bears, Snow White, Noah’s Ark, etc. – but no Gourd Of The Rings), but nothing was more disturbing than the animatronic band of zombie monkeys lip-synching to “Guitarzan” (it really looks like the “lead singer” is grabbing his crotch, too – *shudder*). Posted by Picasa

Entry Filed under: Liberal Mountain,People,Photoblogging

• 1. hisstorymn  |  October 9th, 2005 at 12:09 pm

I will be working that gorilla stuff out for a while.

• 2. Eli  |  October 9th, 2005 at 12:46 pm

You and me both, brother. You and me both.

• 3. The Kenosha Kid  |  October 9th, 2005 at 12:53 pm

It’s the return of The Nairobi Trio!

• 4. Anonymous  |  October 10th, 2005 at 5:03 am

When I was a child and would hear a news report about “gorilla warfare” this is what I always imagined the soldiers looked like.

• 5. oldwhitelady  |  October 10th, 2005 at 1:29 pm

That is a weird picture, for sure! It does look like that monkey is grabbing it’s crotch.

Thersites II looks so cute in the picture with the leaf. Of course, he is a cute child, anyway.

• 6. oldwhitelady  |  October 10th, 2005 at 1:31 pm

PLANET OF THE APES!!!! Yeah, that’s what it reminds me of!

• 7. Ol' Froth  |  October 10th, 2005 at 1:56 pm

Gitarzan! One of Ray Stevens’ best?