Questions For Republicans

6 comments November 7th, 2005at 03:47pm Posted by Eli

Just a couple of very similar questions I’d like to ask:

1) If our electoral process is completely untainted (or if Democrats are the only ones who are cheating), why are you opposed to election reform? Wouldn’t you want to prove that our elections are as clean and aboveboard as you know them to be?

2) If the US is not torturing anyone, why are Bush and Cheney pushing to either defeat the anti-torture resolution, or to add an exemption for the CIA? Why oppose a law that forbids something you’re not doing?

I eagerly await cogent, well-reasoned responses devoid of spin and talking points.

Entry Filed under: Bush,Cheney,Constitution,Elections,Republicans,Torture

• 1. flory  |  November 7th, 2005 at 4:22 pm

I eagerly await cogent, well-reasoned responses devoid of spin
    and talking points.

Tee hee.

I hope you’re not holding your breath…cos blue just isn’t your color.

• 2. Neil Shakespeare  |  November 7th, 2005 at 6:09 pm

Yes, here we go again with utter absurdity. I have to do a ‘Torture Post’, but I can’t get beyond, “Why are we even considering this? It’s stupid on top of being wrong. Not that I should be surprised. That’s exactly what Bush & Cheney are too: stupid on top of being wrong…and sadistic bastards to boot.

• 3. Eli  |  November 7th, 2005 at 7:10 pm

My girlfriend really likes blue things, though…

Well, that’s kinda the point, Neil. The administration and a few Republicans are defending something that shouldn’t even have to be debated. It’s kinda like saying that the government has a right to just grab American citizens at random and hold them indefinitely without a trial, just on the President’s say-so.

Oh… wait.

Nevermind.

• 4. watertiger  |  November 7th, 2005 at 10:37 pm

because.

• 5. NYMary  |  November 8th, 2005 at 12:17 am

I’ll bring you a Dr. Pepper and a sandwich while you wait for your cogent responses. It could be a while.

• 6. Eli  |  November 8th, 2005 at 12:27 am

Is there a cobwebby skeleton smiley?