Ohgodpleaseyes.

6 comments May 22nd, 2006at 02:00pm Posted by Eli

So I was reading WaPo’s The Fix inside-baseball political blog, a post about Kerry’s new political advisor (some guy), and this happy little tidbit jumped out at me at the end:

One consultant who will not be back if Kerry runs again is Bob Shrum, who served as the lead strategist during the ’04 race. Shrum says he has retired from American politics and currently serves as a senior fellow at New York University’s Wagner School of Public Service.

Oh God, I hope this is true. I’m sure the Republicans will do everything they can to entice this professional albatross to hang himself around the Democrats’ necks once again. I’m thinking maybe something like: “Prominent Republican spokesmen expressed confidence in their party’s ability to retain control of the White House with wily master tactician Bob Shrum out of the picture. ‘It will be a tough fight, but we will prevail as long as Shrum stays on the sidelines. Quite frankly, we’re all scared to death of him. The man’s a beast,’ said chief Republican strategist Karl Rove, unable to suppress a smirk of sheer animal terror.”

Entry Filed under: Democrats,Favorites,Politics,Wankers

• 1. four legs good  |  May 22nd, 2006 at 5:22 pm

Oh god please yes is my reaction too. What ever advice the rethugs give, we should do the opposite.

BTW, you’ve got mail on the film thing.

• 2. four legs good  |  May 22nd, 2006 at 6:33 pm

sent new email. I know you are thrilled.

• 3. Eli  |  May 22nd, 2006 at 6:53 pm

Yep, I got it. Very exciting indeed.

• 4. ĦEl Gato Negro!  |  May 22nd, 2006 at 7:37 pm

Why can no the maldito Shrum be one of thees teary-eyed pipples who says that las Democratistas have abandoned heem, and as a result, he ees reluctantly joining the Republiculo party, eh?

I guess that el nino dios does no love me that much.

so.

• 5. Eli  |  May 22nd, 2006 at 7:39 pm

We should take up a collection and create some kind of fake Republican “Draft Bob Shrum” organization to entice him into doing just exactly that.

• 6. daybusyminor  |  May 7th, 2008 at 10:13 pm

the boys trees for the I assumed crashing down even know