And Yet Still More Fun With Video…

10 comments June 1st, 2006at 01:11am Posted by Eli

I know I really should wait until after I’ve posted some kind of Serious Analysis Of The Political Situation, to recharge my credibility battery, but who knows how long that could take. My readers should not be cruelly deprived of this masterpiece for one instant longer:

It’s like they deliberately tried to make the Worst Music Video Of All Time.

Hat tip to David (Austin, TX).

Entry Filed under: Favorites,Monday Media Blogging

• 1. Aquaria  |  June 1st, 2006 at 2:02 am

Eli–You deserve fifty lashes for that one. It is the only thing that will appease me. So do you want them from the paddle, or my flogging rod?

• 2. Spear and Magic  |  June 1st, 2006 at 2:58 am

No lashes are needed here.

This video looks as if it was shot on the set of the 1970s classic but short-lived sitcom “Quark,” starring Richard Benjamin in the title role as interstellar garbage collector.

My wife and I are quite likely the only couple in human history to have received episodes of “Quark” as a wedding gift.

This truly marks us as a Couple of Distinction.

And one day, when I finally meet Richard Benjamin, I will tell him this. And then we will watch this video. And we will laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

• 3. Eli  |  June 1st, 2006 at 7:50 am

Hey, I warned you it would be bad, and besides, it was David’s-

Paddle, please, mistress.

*sigh*

I wonder what kind of incredibly cool person would give episodes of Quark as a wedding gift. Surely it must be someone of rare taste and discernment.

• 4. David (Austin Tx)  |  June 1st, 2006 at 10:25 am

Just because I found this video, doesn’t mean it is mine.

However, I asked, I won’t deny it holds some special magic over me..

• 5. V  |  June 1st, 2006 at 11:34 am

This is clearly a nightmarish alternate reality in which He-Man and Sandy from the Hit Musical Grease live in outer space, and they rule over a society in which everyone wears red trousers and participates in some kind of remedial aerobics class.

I mean, this is so totally clearly the case here.

• 6. Tom L  |  June 1st, 2006 at 5:42 pm

wow, that’s the worst thing i’ve seen since ‘american idol’:}

• 7. Anonymous  |  June 1st, 2006 at 6:28 pm

The Young Republicans do Moscow?

Bet they’re big Abba fans.

• 8. Moonbootica  |  June 1st, 2006 at 6:39 pm

omg

that was so cheestastic

plus being some freaky shit!

• 9. lisa  |  June 1st, 2006 at 7:30 pm

Oh shit. I’m in tears. That’s the greatest thing I’ve seen in, well, minutes.

• 10. rkrider  |  June 1st, 2006 at 8:25 pm

Hey are those young Republicans?