Friday Quote & Dog Blogging

17 comments June 30th, 2006at 01:27am Posted by Eli

This week’s quote comes from Mad Dog Time, an eccentric, unknown gangster movie with an all-star cast, including Jeff Goldblum, Gabriel Byrne, Kyle MacLachlan, Richard Dreyfuss, Billy Idol, Gregory Hines, Burt Reynolds, Diane Lane, Henry Silva, Ellen Barkin, Richard Pryor, Rob Reiner, and Angie Everhart:

Did you say anything in the last five days that wasn’t bullshit?

And, of course, there’ll be other people’s dogs…

Random cute dog I saw at the arts festival.

Light posting this weekend, as the shadowy and mysterious Codename V. will be in town. Probably just the occasional photoblogging until Monday evening.

Entry Filed under: Friday Quote & Cat Blogging

• 1. kyklops  |  June 30th, 2006 at 1:37 am

I saw that movie on video a few years back and quite enjoyed it. Thanks for reminding me about it, I’ll have to watch it again. Was it a box office flop or something?

• 2. Eli  |  June 30th, 2006 at 1:43 am

That’s how it looks, yeah. I thought it went straight to video, but it appears to have had a very limited theatrical release.

Maybe it was just too strange to be marketable, but I liked it.

• 3. karmic_jay  |  June 30th, 2006 at 7:13 am

I have to watch the movie, time to add it to the queue.
    Now you have me all curious about the codename v, who will not be mysterious anymore once you meet right?
    Will codename v be masked?

• 4. karmic_jay  |  June 30th, 2006 at 7:13 am

Cute dog too :)

• 5. Eli  |  June 30th, 2006 at 7:48 am

The shadoy and mysterious Codename V. is not shadowy and mysterious to all…

• 6. karmic_jay  |  June 30th, 2006 at 9:24 am

Say hi to V from me, I amnot sure codename is familiar with this particular denizen of Eschaton.

• 7. Eli  |  June 30th, 2006 at 9:48 am

Actually, I think I did tell her that you’re a really sweet guy and she’d like you.

Seriously.

• 8. karmic_jay  |  June 30th, 2006 at 10:31 am

Eli, you are way too kind. Pls tell her I am sorry about her cat passing away. I often speed read but don’t have time to comment (or they get lost in the crowd), I hope I recalled reading that correctly and that she used to have a cat?

BTW if you are ever in my neck of the woods, you should visit. I was a bit too overwhelmed probably at Eschaton and kind of quiet.

• 9. Eli  |  June 30th, 2006 at 11:44 am

Will do, and will do – the foodblogging is a powerful enticement.

And yes, I’m afraid you remember right about the shadowy and mysterious Codename F. Easily one of the coolest kitties of all time, and V’s best friend. We both miss her very much.

• 10. Lizzy  |  June 30th, 2006 at 5:39 pm

Eli,

Have a good weekend with V. Will miss your presence on FDL. It is great to see you there.

• 11. Silleigh  |  June 30th, 2006 at 7:24 pm

I do not remember hearing (okay, reading) about the cat of the shadowy-and-mysterious-to-us Codename V, and am sorry to encounter that news. Condolences to both of you.

But no doubt you guys have an excellent weekend planned. Ahhhhh! I’m getting ready to head over to the Fella’s, leaving my cats to fend for themselves while the humans + one dog indulge in old-fart fun.

Have a great weekend. Take pitchers. I mean, y’know, of interesting stuff outside.

• 12. Eli  |  June 30th, 2006 at 8:07 pm

Thanks, Lizzy & Silleigh!

We’re off to a pretty good start so far!

• 13. four legs good  |  July 1st, 2006 at 12:33 am

That quote should be altered to:

“Is there anything you’ve said in the past 5 years that isn’t bullshit?”

It could be addressed to anyone in the chimpy administration.

• 14. four legs good  |  July 1st, 2006 at 12:35 am

So what did you tell her about me?? eh??? eh????

Have fun this weekend.

• 15. Eli  |  July 1st, 2006 at 9:03 am

I just told her that you’re a very cranky and demanding centaur.

• 16. scout prime  |  July 2nd, 2006 at 12:22 am

What a cute pooch

• 17. oldwhitelady  |  July 2nd, 2006 at 12:53 am

Nice random dog picture. I’m glad the mysterious Code V is visiting. How cool!