Movies To Watch For

10 comments July 7th, 2006at 06:50pm Posted by Eli

Well. The shadowy and mysterious Codename V. has advised me of her intent to watch BloodRayne, directed by crappy-videogame-adaptation master Uwe Boll, and urged me to check out his IMDb filmography, so that I might more fully appreciate his genius.

Already under his belt: The aforementioned BloodRayne, House of the Dead, and Alone in the Dark (I don’t think I even want to know what German Fried Movie is…).

In the works: Adaptations of Dungeon Siege, Far Cry, and… Postal. The game’s premise is basically what you would think: Postal worker goes nutzoid. And why am I singling it out for special attention? Because it has Gary Coleman in it.

I repeat: A postal-worker-rampage movie with Gary Coleman in it. (Alas, I don’t think he’s the one who goes on the rampage.) As V. observes, this is surely Quality, and she would know. Coming next year to a video store near you.

Entry Filed under: Coolness,Movies,Weirdness

• 1. Reel Fanatic  |  July 7th, 2006 at 7:17 pm

How could you put Gary Coleman in such a movie and not have him go “Postal”? .. heresy, but it should be ultrafun

• 2. Eli  |  July 7th, 2006 at 7:19 pm

This is the question we are all asking. It defies explanation.

• 3. V  |  July 7th, 2006 at 7:19 pm

Note, I didn’t say it was Quality in the Sean Bean sense. It’s more like… Erik Estrada Quality. At best.

• 4. Eli  |  July 7th, 2006 at 7:24 pm

Bah. A distinction without a difference.

• 5. NYMary  |  July 7th, 2006 at 7:45 pm

Damn, you got a hat tip from Donita at FDL, you lucky SOB!

• 6. Eli  |  July 7th, 2006 at 7:50 pm

I’m mystified, really. Boney M??? Who woulda thunk.

• 7. P. Drāno  |  July 7th, 2006 at 8:24 pm

Acording to his Wikipedia entry, Uwe Boll challenges his critics to 10 rounds of boxing. So he’s pretty serious about the work.

• 8. Eli  |  July 7th, 2006 at 8:27 pm

I’d like to see Ed Wood top that.

• 9. V  |  July 7th, 2006 at 8:29 pm

Dudes, this is Uwe Boll. How hard can it be to take him out in the first round?

• 10. karmic_jay  |  July 7th, 2006 at 10:08 pm

Eli.. you are hitting the big time man. :-d