WTF Cellphone Photoblogging

8 comments September 2nd, 2006at 06:54pm Posted by Eli

Okay, so, I have a cellphone with a 1.2-megapixel camera, which I take pictures with on rare occasions when I have to get the shot and I have nothing else handy. Today I saw a couple of mystifying things that I just had to share. I’m aware that the photos have absolutely no aesthetic value whatsoever, since I was just trying to document what was there rather than even attempt to make it look good.

I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to mean. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

I actually do know what this means, but I’m not telling.

Entry Filed under: Photoblogging,Weirdness

• 1. Rob  |  September 2nd, 2006 at 7:22 pm

The first is graffiti by two different people. The first graffiti was making a political statement: No war between nations. The second graffiti is a nonsense phrase designed to mock the first phrase. That’s my guess.

The second one? My guess is someone has a fairly large bird — possibly a parrot — that likes breaking open bones to eat the marrow.

• 2. Eli  |  September 2nd, 2006 at 8:43 pm

Probably right, and exactly right.

• 3. Rob  |  September 2nd, 2006 at 8:53 pm

What kind of bird, do you know?

• 4. Eli  |  September 2nd, 2006 at 9:08 pm

As I said, *exactly* right.

Although I don’t know which specific breed.

(Verification word is “worgs” – I like!)

• 5. Interrobang  |  September 3rd, 2006 at 1:27 am

No, it’s a graffito by one person that’s been modified by someone else.

It originally said

NO WAR BETWEEN NATIONS
    NO PEACE BETWEEN CLASSES

If you look, you can see how the second person added the G and the to make the R from the P. Someone has a little problem with the idea of class warfare, I guess.

As the rightards were so fond of telling us, pay attention to the kerning. ;)

• 6. Eli  |  September 3rd, 2006 at 11:01 am

I think Interrobang is spot on.

Thanks!

• 7. Rob  |  September 3rd, 2006 at 4:23 pm

Interobang is right! I missed the “overwriting” when I caught the difference in the Rs.

• 8. Ripley  |  September 5th, 2006 at 10:13 pm

I thought the second one had something to do with Charlie Parker. Bird loved them ribs!