Gingerbread Ubermenschen

5 comments November 21st, 2006at 06:41pm Posted by Eli

Well, that’s certainly, um… festive?

OBERLIN, Ohio — An artist’s creation of gingerbread Nazis drew complaints after it was displayed in a hardware store window, prompting the store owner to demand the artwork be removed.

Charlie Palmer covered the gingerbread men during the weekend and said he wanted them out by of his business by Tuesday.

“He’s gone way overboard this time,” Palmer said of artist Keith McGuckin. “A few of his other displays were on the edge, but never that crazy.”

McGuckin said he chose the subject to provoke thought, not to offend.

“I can differentiate between real Nazis and that the atrocities they performed compared to these little gingerbread men, but I guess some people can’t,” said McGuckin, 50.

Palmer left one of McGuckin’s displays uncovered: a depiction of a suicidal snowman sitting under a hairdryer.

“I want people to say ‘Oh, my gosh,”‘ McGuckin said. “And once they look at it, say: ‘It is kind of pretty.”‘

Alrighty then…

Tragically, I could not find a picture of the gingerbread Hitler that I saw on the evening news tease last night.

Entry Filed under: Weirdness

• 1. masculine_monica_nyc  |  November 21st, 2006 at 10:31 pm

Umm. Okay.

• 2. spocko  |  November 21st, 2006 at 11:05 pm

Speaking of crazy people. Be sure to check out Media Matters today. The upper right hand corner is a story about Melanie Morgan our favorite crazy Ann Coulter wanna be. They called me to get the audio and mentioned me in the article Weeeee!

• 3. Eli  |  November 22nd, 2006 at 7:23 am

Congrats, spocko!

MM’s a real piece o’ work. And she’s making fun of *Pelosi* for having work done???

• 4. Elmo  |  November 22nd, 2006 at 12:26 pm

…a depiction of a suicidal snowman sitting under a hairdryer.

LOL!

• 5. kitchencanad  |  May 5th, 2008 at 2:38 pm

I’d hoped and foxes and began adventures. then did were punished leaf to actually