Heckuva Job, Rummy.

6 comments November 8th, 2006at 07:01pm Posted by Eli

It’s almost too much to take in at once.

Democrats take the House and the Senate, at least until Lieberman flips. *checks watch*

Rumsfeld is fired/resigns (firesigns?).

Bush admits that he lied about keeping Rumsfeld on to make the bad mean reporters quit picking on him.

My question is, wouldn’t it have made more sense to fire Rummy before the election? I know, I know, sign of weakness, admission of error and all that rot. But everyone knows that Rumsfeld is a blithering incompetent, so by giving him a pre-election vote of confidence, Bush merely makes himself look clueless and out-of-touch rather than resolute. I think firing Rummy would have actually made for a great October surprise, and it might have been just enough to salvage the Senate and probably a few House seats. Too bad for the Republicans that Dubya is ruled by his own arrogance, and is so addicted to lying and concealing that he even does it when the truth would actually help him.

So, Don, now that you’re unemployed and pissed off with lots of free time on your hands… have you ever considered writing a book? I’m just trying to help out here – you really should have a hobby to keep yourself busy, and I’m pretty sure Command & Conquer would kick your ass.

Entry Filed under: Bush,Politics,Wankers

• 1. fred  |  November 8th, 2006 at 7:19 pm

lol.. nice..

• 2. P. Dr?no  |  November 8th, 2006 at 11:17 pm

It am easy to decipher Bizarro motives for hiring Rumsfeld.
    I doubt that he will write any book, though, because I don’t think he cares about anything. Or maybe he’ll write a book about fly-fishing or something.

• 3. oldwhitelady  |  November 8th, 2006 at 11:50 pm

I would have also thought it would have been best to send off Rummy before the elections. Luckily, they waited.

• 4. Eli  |  November 9th, 2006 at 12:37 am

Yeah, book-writin’s probably too much work – but just think how much dirt he could write about…

• 5. Sanjay  |  November 9th, 2006 at 8:47 am

Joe – Lo won’t flip. He realyl won’t get any power not to mention hecan kiss his career as a senator goodbye. CT folks won’t take that me thinks.

• 6. Eli  |  November 9th, 2006 at 10:49 am

Joe’ll be 70 in 2012, so maybe he doesn’t think he’ll run again. Or maybe he’s deluded enough to think that this would burnish his independent-minded bipartisan statesman credentials for another run at the White House.

Or maybe he thinks whatever committee chair the Republicans offer him (and they will offer him one if he flips) would enhance his re-election prospects.