It’s All About Meme

12 comments December 10th, 2006at 10:39pm Posted by Eli

I knew this would happen…

Donna at The Silence Of Our Friends
has tagged me with a book meme:

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence.
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Name of the book and the author.
5. Tag three people.

I went to Marshall’s, charged a new wardrobe. Loud shirts and outrageously designed pants.

I went to Supercuts, got a modified mohawk.

I had done it.

It’s from The Ignored, by Bentley Little, which I, uh, haven’t read yet. It’s about a guy who’s, well, ignored. And then he’s not, and then a Mysterious Stranger With Horrible Plans finds him. That’s about all I know about it until I actually read it.

*mutter about Donna quoting from Jane Austen to make me look bad*

I tag… let’s see… the shadowy and mysterious Codename V, oldwhitelady, and fourlegsgood.

Entry Filed under: Memes

• 1. sunrunner  |  December 10th, 2006 at 10:58 pm

I guess I can see why he’s ignored, what with loud outfits charged at Marshalls (can you actually get a such a thing in that store?) and all…

• 2. Eli  |  December 10th, 2006 at 11:03 pm

Maybe everyone was just politely *pretending* to ignore him.

• 3. Jenny from the Blog  |  December 10th, 2006 at 11:09 pm

Ha ha. Ya done good, Eli.

• 4. Donna  |  December 10th, 2006 at 11:24 pm

LOL As far as I’m concerned Jane Austen is my kind of Harlequin Romance. I watched Clueless yesterday just because it’s based on Pride and Prejudice.

That sounds like a good book. I want to know what he does next after he gets his loud outfit and crazy haircut.

• 5. Eli  |  December 10th, 2006 at 11:26 pm

I watched Clueless yesterday just because it’s based on Pride and Prejudice.

[stage whisper]

Emma.

[/stage whisper]

Sorry – the shadowy and mysterious Codename V. is a bit of a Jane Austen nut…

• 6. oldwhitelady  |  December 10th, 2006 at 11:50 pm

Okay. I’ve almost finished mine. I have to figure out who to tag. Your book sounds like it could be fun:)

• 7. Donna  |  December 11th, 2006 at 1:27 am

LMAO, you’re right it is Emma. I told you I read the complete novels all at once about a month ago, so now I’m getting them confused with each other.

• 8. V  |  December 11th, 2006 at 12:22 pm

Who you callin’ a nut? Just because I’ve seen the Keira Knightley Pride & Prejudice, and the five hour Colin Firth Pride & Prejudice, and the Bollywood Pride & Prejudice, and the Mormon Pride & Prejudice…

Wait. Maybe I am a nut. Note: The Mormon version of Pride & Prejudice is actually very cute, and I’m about as far from Mormon as you can get. Nothing tops Colin Firth, though. Nothing.

• 9. Jenny from the Blog  |  December 11th, 2006 at 12:55 pm

Nothing tops Colin Firth, though. Nothing.

V: I can’t watch any other version, because Colin Firth was BORN to play that part. That’s probably the single greatest performance in the history of performances; and I say that with only a teensy bit of hyperbole. ;)

• 10. Eli  |  December 11th, 2006 at 1:11 pm

The prosecution rests, Your Honor. We would also like to name Jenny as an unindicted co-nut.

• 11. Jenny from the Blog  |  December 11th, 2006 at 3:34 pm

I heard that. ;)

• 12. Donna  |  December 11th, 2006 at 11:14 pm

I agree I love the A&E version and have seen the Keira Knightley one and liked it too, but the A&E one is so good because it’s long and that’s why it’s true to the book. I want to see the BBC versions of the Jane Austen books.

It’s not just Colin Firth. I didn’t really like Donald Sutherland as Mr Bennet. I thought Benjamin Whitrow had the right kind of flippant attitude that I read in the book. The same goes for the pompous/obsequience of Mr Collins. It was just right in the A&E version.