And Now, Your Moment Of Zen.

5 comments January 29th, 2007at 07:49am Posted by Eli

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Ozier Muhammad/The New York Times

From the NYT:

Handed the ball in the middle of the key, the prince bounced it once, twice, then attempted a one-handed shot that hit nothing but net (literally – the ball peaked about a foot below the rim).

He tried again and sank the shot off the backboard. The children cheered wildly.

“I asked him what sports were popular in his country, and he named some things I didn’t even know,” said Christopher Velazquez, 13. Cricket? “Maybe.” Polo? “Yeah, polo! He said basketball wasn’t very big over there, but he’d been practicing.”

Awesome.

Entry Filed under: Coolness,Media,Sports,Weirdness

• 1. Donna  |  January 29th, 2007 at 12:33 pm

I saw this on the news last night and was trying to figure out, what exactly are they doing here? Is this just a “feel good” tour or are they looking for donations to a favorite charity, propping up Blair, on vacation? I guess if your a prince you can’t just go on vacation without having a photo op or two.

I also wanted to stop in and say hi and let you know that I love the new design. I need to update my links but am too lazy to get around to it right now. LOL

• 2. Donna  |  January 29th, 2007 at 12:34 pm

Oh yeah, I was wondering if all the photos in the headers are yours? I’m assuming they are, you do take great shots!

• 3. Eli  |  January 29th, 2007 at 12:40 pm

I’m not sure what the purpose was – I was so captivated by the photo and the whole basketball angle that I just skimmed the rest of the story. I assumed goodwill tour, though.

Glad you like the new look – ::matthew from Eschaton did a terrific job with the design. (And yes, the photos are all mine – thanks!)

• 4. MEC  |  January 29th, 2007 at 8:11 pm

If that were Dubya, he’d just be posing with the ball. There wouldn’t be any basket, but the White House would claim afterward that he sank the ball on the first try. Or maybe that he played a pick-up game with the Little Brown Ones.

• 5. Eli  |  January 29th, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Based on what I’ve read about him, he would have actually insisted on taking shot after shot until he sank one.

And *then* the WH would claim that he sank it on the first try.

From half court.