Groceryblogging

12 comments January 2nd, 2007at 06:13pm Posted by Eli

Necessarily brief, as I am typing this on the bus with one thumb while my other hand holds onto my groceries:

As I attained my bus stop for my return voyage and turned to search for my bus, what should I see but a great big Trader Joe’s logo, no more than fifty feet away.

I know TJ’s is kind of a big deal to a lot of people, so can anyone give me some recommendations of what I should check ouy in order to get the full, glorious effect?

Much obliged in advanceowmythumb.

Entry Filed under: Uncategorized

• 1. Buckeye, Dealer of Rare Coins  |  January 2nd, 2007 at 7:12 pm

cDo you like nuts and dried fruits? They’ve got that. They’ve got excellent frozen stuff, if you like that (my friend loves the egg rolls, I’m partial to the burritos). They’ve got lots of chocolate, if you like that.

They’ve got excellent basics.

Experiment, it’s fun!

• 2. jenny from the Blog  |  January 2nd, 2007 at 8:01 pm

Greek fig yogurt. Crazy good.

• 3. Sanjay  |  January 2nd, 2007 at 8:12 pm

They have a lot of good ethnic foods, if you are in to that sort of thing.

• 4. V  |  January 2nd, 2007 at 8:52 pm

Do they have vegetarian fish? I used to get some made by Momo’s Veggie Kitchen, but the supermarket stopped carrying it. I freakin’ loved that stuff.

• 5. charley  |  January 2nd, 2007 at 9:53 pm

i’d go for the prions.

• 6. Eli  |  January 2nd, 2007 at 10:02 pm

They have prion rib there?

• 7. Philip Shropshire  |  January 2nd, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Best european candy bars ever. They also gave me a free item during the holidays but I think that was a seasonal thing…

• 8. Eli  |  January 2nd, 2007 at 10:25 pm

Hmm… European candy bars…

I know someone who likes European candy bars…

• 9. shoephone  |  January 3rd, 2007 at 12:17 am

Doesn’t everyone love European candy bars?

I like the big bags of frozen shrimp at TJ’s – very inexpensive.

I just polished my nails and can’t believe I haven’t messed them up on the keyboard yet. Oh, and they have some good cheeses.

• 10. Ol' Froth  |  January 3rd, 2007 at 5:23 pm

Your nails have some good cheeses?

• 11. spocko  |  January 3rd, 2007 at 6:07 pm

Okay here are things that I get at TJ and love. Raspberry and Strawberry low sugar jams. Bright clean flavors. Sugar coated wheat cheks (using CANE sugar, NOT high fructose corn syrup.

Wasabi peas.
    Diced organic tomatoes . Same as Glen Muir only half the price!
    Pizza dough. (99cents in the cold case)
    Sesame rice crackers savory, low cal salty crunchy
    Fajita skirt steak, pre seasoned just grill in pan, cut and add to grilled pepper and onions for great quick fajitas
    Pot stickers
    Ghirardelli dark chocolate in bulk
    2 buck Chuck! (Charles Shaw Chardonnay. 1.99 a bottle!)
    Basil and onion sausages
    Barbara’s oats
    frozen shrimp

• 12. Eli  |  January 3rd, 2007 at 8:17 pm

Thanks, spocko!

Alas, a bunch of those sound like they might require, like, some sort of preparation…