Look On The Bright Side.

6 comments February 12th, 2007at 09:32am Posted by Eli

As long as Bob Shrum Jr. is on Hillary’s team, advising her never to admit error on voting for the war, there’s a good chance that someone else will be the Democratic nominee. I just wish the other options were a little more appealing. Al Gore, why have you forsaken

(h/t Atrios)

Entry Filed under: Clinton,Democrats,Iraq,Wankers,War

• 1. bdr  |  February 12th, 2007 at 9:47 am

Two words that should always haunt Al Gore:

Joe Lieberman.

That’s one ghastly error in judgment to overcome.

I’m not anti-Al at all, but I wonder if how truly terrible things are now make us forget what an awful campaign he ran in 2000.

Plus: He chose Joe Lieberman primarily to sanctimoniously distance himself from The Clenis. That’s one ghastly error on multiple levels.

• 2. Glenn  |  February 12th, 2007 at 10:34 am

I’d give anything to just hear plain truth from anybody nowadays. I get dizzy and nauseous from the constant spin.

• 3. Eli  |  February 12th, 2007 at 10:58 am

bdr, as always I stipulate that I only want Angry Gore, not Focus Group Gore.

Focus Group Gore was the milquetoast who thought Lieberman (and distancing himself from Clinton) would be a good idea. And of course what happened was that he ended up tarred with all of Clinton’s negatives anyway, without gaining the benefit of any of his positives. If Gore hires Shrum (supposedly retired and please let it stay that way), or Brazile, or Cutter, or any of those other professional losers, then he’s dead to me – that’s not the Gore I want.

Glenn – IMO, Angry Gore is our best hope for spinless truth, with Clark and Edwards as distant runners-up (*maybe* Richardson if I thought he had a chance). Obama and especially Hillary, no way.

• 4. don  |  February 12th, 2007 at 6:14 pm

I want gore to run, and edwards for vp,and clark for sec. of
    state, and for the speaker to stay right where she is. She is a good fit for the speaker role, and put Murtha in as sec.of def.
    And I might even have a place for old joe.l. He can be in
    charge of latrine duty.

• 5. Eli  |  February 12th, 2007 at 6:22 pm

If Gore runs, I’m perfectly happy with either Clark or Edwards as running mate, with a slight preference for Clark, unless Edwards gives me reason to believe he’ll have more balls this time around.

I really don’t think Pelosi has any aspirations beyond Speaker, so I don’t think there’s any worry there. Murtha would be good as SecDef if he wants it, although I would rather have Clark there if he’s *not* the veep.

Put Lieberman in charge of something he cares about deeply to get him out of the Senate, run totally roughshod over him, and then fire him right after the deadline for the 2010 CT-SEN race to replace the Republican who was appointed to replace him.

• 6. Multi Medium » What&hellip  |  February 12th, 2007 at 6:42 pm

[…] Since the comments on my Look On The Bright Side post have turned to what we want to see in 2008, and don suggested that Joe Lieberman should have a role in the new administration, I thought I would reprise my dream scenario of how I would like to see things play out. […]