Interview Meme

9 comments March 17th, 2007at 12:37pm Posted by Eli

Well, I opted into this rather open-ended and voluntary meme over at Fetch me my axe:

Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better. If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate!
You WILL update your journal/bloggy thing/whatever with the answers to the questions.
You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

So here were my five questions from belledame:

1) If you could pick -anyone,- not just the most likely candidates (living or dead), who would you want to see leading the nation?

Wow, I can think of a lot of options here. For various intangibles, I like obvious suspects like TR, FDR, Truman, JFK, RFK, Lincoln, Washington, and some less-obvious ones like Jim Webb, Paul Hackett, Russ Feingold, and Paul Wellstone. But for right now, I think I have to go with Al Gore, just because he has an excellent grasp of the issues we’re dealing with today, and the nature of the right-wing media environment that poisons our discourse. And speaking of environment and poison, that might be the single most important issue in the world right now, and Al Gore is totally committed to tackling it.

2) If you decided/had to become an expatriate, where would you go?

Probably New Zealand; beautiful countryside, English-speaking, and I don’t think they have a right-wing looney in charge. Canada would be a close second, since it’s conveniently located and I have some family there.

3) Are there decent takeout joints in your neighborhood?

Not that I know of. I’m not a big takeout guy, though.

4) What’s a “luxury item” you -really really- want?

iPhone, assuming it can meet all of my mobile blogging needs (will I be able to select text precisely enough by dragging with my fingertips instead of a stylus?). I’m hoping they’ll have more video capacity by the time I can actually get one.

5) Who’s your favorite fiction author?

I think I’m going to have to go with Greg Bear on this one. He’s written some stuff that just blows my mind (Queen Of Angels, Forge Of God, Eon/Eternity). Iain Banks is a close second, with very honorable mention to David Brin (Kiln People, Uplift Trilogies), Octavia Butler (Patternmaster and Xenogenesis series), and Stephen R. Donaldson (Thomas Covenant and Gap series). Yes, they’re all sci-fi – I find their universes to be as compelling as their plots and characters.

If you want me to interview you, just ask in the comments. I warn you, I kinda suck at it…

Entry Filed under: Memes

• 1. Interrobang  |  March 17th, 2007 at 6:05 pm

Interview me; I’m short on ideas for blog posts, even though I really should be writing about this.

• 2. jake  |  March 17th, 2007 at 7:11 pm

interview me

• 3. SPIIDERWEB™  |  March 17th, 2007 at 10:36 pm

Interview me. Pretty please.

• 4. Donna  |  March 18th, 2007 at 4:50 am

I’m going to be sorry for doing this, aren’t I? Ok interview me!

• 5. Eli  |  March 18th, 2007 at 11:12 am

Interrobang:

1) Why Interrobang for a handle?

2) Describe your dream vacation.

3) Describe your dream job.

4) What is the biggest or best difference between Canada and the U.S. (aside from not having a homicidal maniac in charge)?

5) What is your favorite material possession?

• 6. Eli  |  March 18th, 2007 at 11:22 am

jake:

1) How did you find my blog?

2) Why did you decide to start blogging?

3) What is your favorite movie?

4) How would you describe your politics? (Not necessarily specific positions; just where you would place yourself on the left-right continuum)

5) If you could have one superpower already possessed by a an actual superhero, what would it be?

• 7. Eli  |  March 18th, 2007 at 11:27 am

Spiidey:

1) Why “Spiiderweb”?

2) Why did you take up blogging?

3) If you could drive any car ever made, what would you choose?

4) What do you think is the coolest techno-gadget on Earth?

5) Do you think the U.S. can be saved?

• 8. Eli  |  March 18th, 2007 at 11:31 am

Donna:

1) What was the first blog you ever read?

2) Who would be your dream president (living, dead, fictional even), and why?

3) What is your favorite book and author, and why?

4) Who inspires you the most, and why?

5) What is your favorite breed of cat and/or dog, and why?

• 9. Interrobang  |  March 18th, 2007 at 3:56 pm

Cool, thanks. Answers posted on my blog. :)