Ohmigod.

7 comments April 3rd, 2007at 09:26pm Posted by Eli

I. Am. Speechless.

Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all. In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father’s ashes mixed with cocaine.

“The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father,” Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

“He was cremated and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared,” he said. “… It went down pretty well, and I’m still alive.”

I am horrified, yet strangely unsurprised.

Entry Filed under: Weirdness

• 1. Syd B  |  April 4th, 2007 at 1:17 am

what the article failed to state was that Keif Richards snorted his father’s ashes off the ass of vegas hooker

if a man wants to snort the cremated remains of his father, that is his business…

• 2. Eli  |  April 4th, 2007 at 1:38 am

That would probably be the closest I would ever get to a Vegas hooker’s ass…

• 3. charley  |  April 4th, 2007 at 10:03 pm

keith, i always say it, coolest mutherfucker to ever live.

i’m not saying it’s right or wrong, even tho today he denies it, i’m just saying there is a certain poetic logic in the act. Syd’s suggestion is an interesting twist.

Sympathy for the Devil, indeed. Rock On.

• 4. Eli  |  April 4th, 2007 at 10:07 pm

The funny thing, which has only just occurred to me, is that Denis Leary once said that by the time Keith dies, there will be no drugs left in the world, and we’ll have to smoke Keith’s ashes.

• 5. Ol'Froth  |  April 4th, 2007 at 11:13 pm

SMells like an Urban Legend to me. WOuldn’t be the first time the media got taken.

• 6. notalye  |  April 5th, 2007 at 12:00 am

To prepare for the afterlife and mummification, the ancient Egyptians had their brains removed through their noses hoping to rejoin their departed ancestors
    Congrats to Keith , by reversing this process,
    he has accomplished all the above while yet
    alive.

• 7. notalye  |  April 5th, 2007 at 12:05 am

charley,
    OK then, make it an interesting twist’s ass.