ABC OMG!

8 comments May 15th, 2007at 06:00pm Posted by Eli

I can’t believe it. They really did it. They greenlighted the Geico Cavemen sitcom.

They also have a new show called “Eli Stone,” which I think is the first TV series ever to feature a main character named Eli.

It will surely be the biggest flop of all time.

Entry Filed under: TV

• 1. Spear and Magic  |  May 15th, 2007 at 8:12 pm

I have to confess that I rather like the ad series, though it certainly speaks volumes about the desperation of the broadcast networks that they are reaching to ad campaigns for their ideas. Maybe now that they no longer carry any NFL football, ABC should air a weekly Bud Bowl(tm) game.

And there was at least one other series–an ABC one, to boot–that had a major character named Eli. Shane West co-starred as troubled son Eli Sammler on the turn of the millennium blended family treat Once & Again. I took a chance on that show only because it was made by the creators of thirtysomething…which, come to think of it, had a minor recurring character named Eli Weston (Timothy Busfield and Patricia Wettig’s troubled son).

I certainly don’t blame you for not being a fan of those two shows, but just don’t mess with me about my stories.

• 2. LJ/Aquaria  |  May 15th, 2007 at 10:32 pm

And people wonder why I spend my free time scouring YouTube for weird Japanese videos when I’m in a filmed entertainment mood…

Speaking of that, I have some really weird music videos that might interest you, Eli. Or have you already seen what kind of videos people like this make? Hint: It involves giant bugs! Come on. You know you can’t resist.

• 3. Eli  |  May 15th, 2007 at 10:38 pm

Oh, I like the Geico cavemen too – I’m just amazed and somewhat alarmed that they’re really going to try to make them into a series.

And I’m up for anything with giant bugs. Why don’t they ever make any sitcoms about *them*? Or… Them?

• 4. LJ/Aquaria  |  May 15th, 2007 at 10:55 pm

Ask and ye shall receive, my friend.

Psycho le Cemu
    Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Let me know if you can handle more. I’ve got lots of goodies that will have you howling with laughter.

• 5. Eli  |  May 15th, 2007 at 11:24 pm

Awesome. I am always down with giant bug videos.

• 6. LJ/Aquaria  |  May 15th, 2007 at 11:36 pm

Don’t know how many more bug videos I’ve seen around, but I can tell you all about Japanese Goth crap.

• 7. Anders Weinstein  |  May 16th, 2007 at 12:53 pm

One of the lead characters on the short-running Bochco-produced legal series Civil Wars was named Eli Levinson. He was a partner at a divorce law firm who was perenially on the verge of a nervous breakdown. The character later made an appearance on LA Law.

• 8. The Kenosha Kid  |  May 16th, 2007 at 10:27 pm