Ding Dong, The ‘Witz Is Dead

5 comments May 17th, 2007at 07:13pm Posted by Eli

Good riddance.

Sure does seem like an awful lot of loyal Bushies are getting indicted and/or resigning in disgrace, doesn’t it?

Entry Filed under: Corruption/Cronyism,Republicans

• 1. Ruth  |  May 17th, 2007 at 10:13 pm

not nearly enuff. Nicholson, head of VA, refused his budget request and then had to go back and ask for an emergency request for the amount he’d refused. And they’re getting the biggest bonuses in the gov’t. While refusing to take care of the veterans they’re paid to take care of. yeh, makes me crazy.

• 2. Larry  |  May 18th, 2007 at 3:58 am

This guy really did not want to leave… he could not see the wrong he did.

These are the kind of people Bush had helping him run this country.

• 3. Eli  |  May 18th, 2007 at 9:48 am

I can’t believe he was allowed to go out on his own terms. If you fuck up, you’re supposed to get fired, not get a golden parachute. I think NYT negotiated something with Judy Miller, too.

Yeah, I’m glad to see them both gone, but they deserved absolutely no consideration or accommodation whatsoever.

• 4. Donna  |  May 18th, 2007 at 5:55 pm

I imagine a pickpocket or purse snatcher will see more time behind bars and more fines than the architects of America’s destruction and the murderers of so many. I hope I am wrong and we see convictions for the whole lot of them, but wealth and privilege means never having to pay for your crimes.

• 5. Eli  |  May 18th, 2007 at 6:57 pm

I really don’t see anyone doing time, except maybe the Republican congresscritters who seem to keep getting investigated and indicted.

Not saying that a bunch of people *shouldn’t* be doing time; just that they won’t. On the one hand, I’ll be relieved just to have them out of government; but on the other hand, if they don’t do time, there’s not a whole lot of incentive for future politicians to do the exact same thing.