Friday Quote & Cat Blogging

5 comments May 11th, 2007at 08:43am Posted by Eli

This week’s quote is from the opening animated sequence in One Crazy Summer, Savage Steve Holland’s lesser-known follow-up to Better Off Dead:

They chanted and danced around him. Naturally, this made our hero very sad.

And, of course, there’ll be other people’s cats…

boogers17bw.jpg
The shadowy and mysterious Codename B. looking contemplative. Probably a trap.

Entry Filed under: Friday Quote & Cat Blogging

• 1. LJ/Aquaria  |  May 11th, 2007 at 1:49 pm

That looks a lot like a cat we had who was that cute when she was young. And adorable. Used to curl up in my hair when I was sleeping.

She became an incredibly mean cat later, and wasn’t too pretty either (I’m being charitable). Even after having a kitty surgery, the vet had to wrap her up in a towel to keep her from clawing and biting everyone in sight. I knew when they were bringing her out for us to take home; I could hear the growls and hisses (and occasional curses or yelps of pain from humans) well before she appeared. [sigh]

• 2. Eli  |  May 11th, 2007 at 10:49 pm

Great – that gives the shadowy and mysterious Codename V. something to look forward to.

Her predecessor, the shadowy and mysterious Codename F. was kind of a diabolical evil flash-shredding machine, but still very sweet and affectionate, in her way.

• 3. Elspeth R  |  May 13th, 2007 at 11:38 am

LJ, did the vet ever check the charitably attributed cat out for any underlying physical problems related to the behavioral change? My aunt’s late cat just went bonkers and vicious. Turned out he had a tumor growing on his spine that was causing him inordinate pain that he had ‘dealt’ with until it finally was too much to bear – by the time if finally manifested itself to be apparent and my aunt saw it, sadly, it was too late and he had to be put down. The way it grew, it was hidden from outward sight until too late. My aunt was so sad that she hadn’t any idea about why his demeanor changed until then, but she isn’t a vet, there were no outward signs.
    Blessings and I hope the cutie in the pic grows up to be a fun, energetic, but enjoyable puddy tat! :)
    Elspeth

• 4. Elspeth R  |  May 13th, 2007 at 11:43 am

Oh, and Better Off Dead – one of the best.movies.evah!!! One Crazy Summer had it’s moments but all I saw was John Cusack…sigh…yum.
    With John in mind, I was dating a veritable Lloyd Dobler, even moved in with him – but it has all come crumbling down recently, and he is nothing like the way he was. Maybe he has an underlying health problem like the cat I mentioned above, or maybe he’s just mental. I hope that somewhere in the not too close future (but not too far, either) there’s a real romantic man for me that WON’T lose his mind or make me cry in a non-cool-romantic-surprise-way.
    Have a great week Eli and all!!!
    Elspeth

• 5. Eli  |  May 14th, 2007 at 2:06 pm

Thanks and good luck on the Dobler search, Elspeth!

That’s terrible about your aunt’s cat – for what it’s worth, the shadowy & mysterious Codename F. was just born evil. They took her to a pet christening ceremony at the local church when she was little, and she threw up on the priest. Very Exorcist.

She was always very sweet to me, though.