Happy Thanksgiving

5 comments November 22nd, 2007at 03:18pm Posted by Eli

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Entry Filed under: Monday Media Blogging

• 1. charley  |  November 22nd, 2007 at 9:12 pm

i loved that show.

And Finally . . . The “Who Would You Do” Question

I propose that “Jennifer or Bailey?” is a much more telling test than the standard “Ginger or Mary Ann?” question. Mary Ann may have been a farm girl, but she was a bad farm girl. (Look how tight those damn gingham dresses are on her.) Six months in LA, and she’d be Ginger. Bailey, however, could never be Jennifer. Only trust those who answer “Bailey” to the above question.

(Of course, we’ll pass over the “Betty vs. Veronica” question. I always figured Archie was getting some from both of them.)

snipped from the internest.

• 2. Eli  |  November 22nd, 2007 at 9:15 pm

I have always been a Bailey guy.

• 3. Spear and Magic  |  November 23rd, 2007 at 1:14 am

“The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement…”

“Um, … what’s it like to ride in a helicopter?”

Anyone who doubts the genius of either Howard Hessman or Richard Sanders need only see the bit where Les is reading out the call letters and Johnny is in the booth using hand gestures to coax them out of him.

And, of course, you’re all correct: the answer is Bailey. Not even so much because Jan Smithers is hot (though she is), but because there is something really squirrelly and “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” and gross about Loni Anderson, even back then in her pre-Burt Reynolds days.

Also: How is it that every shitty little cable show can muster up the ducats to pay for the latest hits to be played wistfully over its closing credits, but it’s not financially feasible to release WKRP DVDs with the original music?

I am sorry. I … I … obviously have spent far too much time thinking about all of this.

==============

“I’m a big fat muffin that loves to eat. /
    A big fat muffin who’s got no feet. /
    But most of all I’m a big fat muffin /
    who LOOVVES to explode.”
    And then you did.

–Les, recounting to Mr. Carlson what he had sung in Les’s dream the night before.

• 4. Virgotex  |  November 23rd, 2007 at 4:41 am

Bailey was hot.

The turkey episode eas my mom’ s favorite tv show ever. She was an odd bird.

• 5. Eli  |  November 23rd, 2007 at 2:35 pm

Ever seen Married With Children on DVD? Specifically, the opening credits? Very unsettling.