Bill O’Reilly Was Right!

5 comments January 19th, 2008at 08:32pm Posted by Eli

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Bill O’Reilly, explaining that the 200,000 homeless veterans are addicts or mentally ill rather than poor:

[A]ccording to the government census, poor households in America have lots of stuff. 97 percent have a color TV, 78 percent a DVD player, 80 percent an air conditioner, 73 percent a car or truck, 63 percent cable or satellite TV, and 43 percent of poor households in the USA own the home they are living in.

So if the poor are not destitute in America, and they obviously are not, why are so many veterans sleeping under bridges, John Edwards? The answer again they’re mostly addicted or mentally ill. It has nothing to do with the economy.

Fox News commentator Andrew Napolitano, explaining why he left his $100,000-a-year position on the NJ Superior Court:

I really was tired of being poor.

Apparently the Republican definition of “poor” is a little bit different from ours.

(h/t Caro Kay of Make Them Accountable)

Entry Filed under: Media,Republicans,Wankers

• 1. Ruth  |  January 20th, 2008 at 11:28 am

Under GoPerv concept of pore, if you earn anything at all, it is taken out of your disability payments. Yes, I really know a disabled person this affects. This keeps from letting the pore folk ever do anything to get beyond the affliction.

• 2. dirk gently  |  January 20th, 2008 at 2:57 pm

you can tell they are poor because they’ve let their country-club memberships lapse.

• 3. shortstop  |  January 21st, 2008 at 12:27 pm

You have a DVD player = not poor
    I only make 100 large = destitute

It’s so hard sometimes not to be consumed with white-hot hatred for them.

• 4. Eli  |  January 21st, 2008 at 2:43 pm

No, I think poor = 100 large, and destitute = no DVD player.

Something like that, anyway…

• 5. shortstop  |  January 21st, 2008 at 3:37 pm