7 comments January 20th, 2008at 10:37pm Posted by Eli

This is literally unbelievable. I never would have imagined the Giants going to the Superbowl this year in my wildest dreams. It reminds me a little bit of the 1990 team, which was good-but-not-great in the regular season, squeaked through the playoffs, and then miraculously beat an unstoppable juggernaut in the Superbowl.

I hope two weeks is enough time to get all their corners completely healthy – they’re gonna need ’em.

Entry Filed under: Coolness,Sports

• 1. bill  |  January 20th, 2008 at 10:55 pm

A buddy of mine from Madison grew up playing in sub 0 weather and he was a kicker. He said kicking footballs in that kind of weather is like trying to kick firewood over the house.
    Third time was the charm. Burress was da man.

Good Luck

• 2. Eli  |  January 20th, 2008 at 11:01 pm

I was pretty surprised Coughlin showed that much faith in Tynes, and even more surprised that Tynes drilled it. I was thinking Jay Feely against the Seahawks all over again.

Really, really hard for me to see how they’ll beat the Pats – remember, the Pats weren’t even at full strength the last time, I think they were missing the starting right side of their O-line. But if Eli and the secondary play a mistake-free game and the front seven gets pressure, it could happen.

• 3. bill  |  January 20th, 2008 at 11:21 pm

Things I’d like to see:
    1. Brady get intercepted
    2. Brady get sacked
    3. Brady trip and fumble
    4. Brady get really pissed and throw his helmet
    5. Moss drop something like eight passes
    6. Brady get sacked again
    7. Peyton Manning jealous

• 4. Eli  |  January 20th, 2008 at 11:25 pm

I would like to see all of these things as well. Or maybe see him get knocked out of the game in the first series…

• 5. bill  |  January 20th, 2008 at 11:34 pm

They did that to Theisman and lost.

I would prefer a drawn out lingering failure for the “perfect team.”

• 6. Cujo359  |  January 20th, 2008 at 11:39 pm

This certainly was unexpected. They played a great game, especially when you consider the weather.

• 7. Eli  |  January 21st, 2008 at 12:01 am

They did that to Theisman and lost.

I would prefer a drawn out lingering failure for the “perfect team.”

Well, okay. Just as long as they win, I’m happy.