Wait… What?

5 comments November 11th, 2008at 07:14pm Posted by Eli

He can NOT be serious:

Check this post out by John Hinderaker. I know he adores President Bush and thinks he’s a genius and all, but this is a remarkable post.

The Importance of Being Careful

Obama thinks he is a good talker, but he is often undisciplined when he speaks. He needs to understand that as President, his words will be scrutinized and will have impact whether he intends it or not. In this regard, President Bush is an excellent model; Obama should take a lesson from his example. Bush never gets sloppy when he is speaking publicly.

He chooses his words with care and precision, which is why his style sometimes seems halting. In the eight years he has been President, it is remarkable how few gaffes or verbal blunders he has committed. If Obama doesn’t raise his standards, he will exceed Bush’s total before he is inaugurated.

Hinderaker actually believes this. It’s weird because most Conservatives do believe that Obama’s communication skills served him quite well during the election process. I guess he also missed this latest polling data that says Bush is leaving office more unpopular than Richard Nixon.

What presidency was Hinderaker watching???

Entry Filed under: Blogosphere,Bush,Obama,Politics,Republicans,Wankers

• 1. elmo  |  November 11th, 2008 at 9:17 pm

What a dope. Some wingnuts can’t even wait till Bush’s presidency is history before they try to rewrite it’s history. But I’m sure there is a market for head in the sand ostrich types.

I ‘m guessing Hinderaker’s mother never asked of him…”if your friends jump off a bridge are you going to do it too?”

• 2. Charles  |  November 11th, 2008 at 10:05 pm

OT: Great YouTube of Kamiya Satoshi doing origami, Eli. I linked it at MercRising. Truly amazing how he adds texture.

As for Hinderaker, this falls under “authoritarian personality disorder.” Bush is masterful because he is president (and a Republican). This allows people like Hinderaker to believe that someday they will suck less because they are successful (or is that “suckcesspool”?)

• 3. Eli  |  November 11th, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Thanks! I actually posted on it a while back. I couldn’t find that photo anywhere, but I didn’t want to look like I was just blogwhoring. Especially for a 21-month-old post.

• 4. Charles  |  November 12th, 2008 at 12:28 am

If it’s really good, blogwhoring is a kindness.

• 5. Cujo359  |  November 12th, 2008 at 2:32 am

We’ve done all the alternate universe jokes to death, but you know that’s what’s on my mind. As for what’s on Hinderaker’s mind, I won’t even try to guess.

These are truly interesting times.