Fun Times At Netroots Nation

6 comments August 14th, 2009at 11:13pm Posted by Eli

It was a pretty eventful evening tonight.  First I rescued El Medico Dean, whose handler called Marcy Wheeler in a panic because they got lost on the way to Democracy For America Happy Hour, and I was able to successfully direct them where they had to go.  Not as easy as it sounds – I’m not a native Pittsburgher, and downtown by the river isn’t an area I’m real familiar with.  (Gregg recommended that I embellish the story, so I considered saying that Dean called me personally, in tears, but decided against it.)

After that, it was on to PNC Park for batting practice and shagging fly balls, which was AWESOME.  My batting was Epic Fail (only made weak contact with one pitch), but I always need a lot of tuning before I can hit worth a damn.  After shaking the fielding rust off, I was able to return to my usual softball form, which is, well, still pretty awful.  The highlight was falling over backward and hitting my head on the warning track catching a fly ball, but I did catch it.  I shagged for about two hours, and now my feet are very stinky… and I’m still fishing outfield dirt out of my hair.

Also, I’ve been on C-Span twice now, once taking pictures at the Clinton keynote, and once packing up and leaving Christy’s panel as they showing everything winding down.  I can also be seen walking away in this photo here – that’s me in my favorite green bowling shirt walking away, upper middle.

Oh, and I made my hotel reservations for my baby sister’s wedding.  W00t!!!

Entry Filed under: Blogosphere

• 1. Ol'Froth  |  August 15th, 2009 at 9:02 am

I am so annoyed that I couldn’t go.

• 2. Eli  |  August 15th, 2009 at 9:07 am

Me too – what happened? Work?

• 3. shortstop  |  August 16th, 2009 at 8:43 pm

You say it’s you — but how can we really be sure? Why would a REAL photographer be turning his back on the Big Dog even a few seconds before Bill had finished?

• 4. Eli  |  August 16th, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Because FDL really wanted to be able to put up some Clinton photos ASAP, so I had to go back to my table and upload ’em.

• 5. Ol'Froth  |  August 17th, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Not work, but impending fatherhood. Doing all that stuff around the house that needs to be done to get it ready for the Big Day. Luckily, my convention center employed sister was able to snag my goodie bag for me, so I got the t-shirt! And it doesn’t fit =).

• 6. Eli  |  August 17th, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Yikes! Congratulations, man – that’s a pretty good excuse right there.