Great Moments In Rationalization

5 comments February 8th, 2010at 08:41pm Posted by Eli

Obama using a teleprompter?  Proof that he’s a lightweight.  Sarah Palin using notes scrawled on her hand?  Still more evidence of her down-to-earth humanity, and possibly even A Spot Of Brilliant Gamesmanship!

Chuck Todd:

“Daily Rundown” co-host Chuck Todd attempted to defend Palin, saying, “We’ve all done notes.”

Umm, sure.  When you’re the one giving the interview, or providing news or analysis.

But that’s mild compared to the Fox & Friends propagandists:

CARLSON: I think she did it on purpose. I think she did it on purpose, yeah. Because it’s an exact opposite of reading off the teleprompter with a script written for you with every word in a sentence and here’s she’s just taking crib notes on her hand. It makes her look like she can just talk off the cuff and she just jotted down a few couple notes before she went out to give a big long speech.

DOOCY: I think she did it because she probably does it a lot. I do that all the time. […]

KILMEADE: But to sit there and look at, and do the interview and look down at her hand, I think that is — like you said before, Gretchen — folksy, absolutely, down-to-earth, I can identify. But if you’re going to write on your hand, why not just say, ’staffer, hand me a card.’ And then it would be okay.

CARLSON: Nah, like I said, I think it was on purpose. But anyway, we we may never know.

Ah, I see.  She deliberately made herself look like a clueless boob in order to draw attention to what a clueless boob Obama is.  It was, like, satire – but at the same time totally demonstrated her bond with all the other good ol’ red-blooded American cheaters out there.  Genius!

Entry Filed under: Media,Palin,Republicans,Wankers

• 1. TJ  |  February 9th, 2010 at 8:29 am

Ah…the FOX morning crew. They’re up every morning before breakfast. And sharp too.

The point is that she had answers to questions she (supposedly) didn’t know were going to be asked. No more of those awkward “What newspapers do you read” moments.

• 2. Thomithy  |  February 9th, 2010 at 8:44 am

Sad, sad state of affairs, when one of your leaders
    can not remember four issues of policy.
    If that is folksy and down homey, I was folksy and down homey all thru high school. Just plain fluff, fluff I tells ya.

• 3. Bhaal  |  February 9th, 2010 at 9:20 am

Huh. Supposedly, Obama is ‘too smart’ and makes regular folks feel stupid whereas Palin is ‘just right’ and makes regular folks feel smart.

• 4. mark  |  February 9th, 2010 at 10:37 am

Sarah Palin’s handjob made conservatives feel really, really good.

• 5. Nanette  |  February 9th, 2010 at 11:07 am

Mark, your comment made me laugh out loud, and I’ll be smiling all day.